Jose L. Rios, MD
When you meet Dr. Jose Rios, you will almost immediately feel at ease thanks to his outgoing, no-nonsense personality. You will later learn that he is a fierce perfectionist who strives for the best outcomes every time. A board-certified plastic surgeon who serves Naperville, Joliet and surrounding suburbs, Dr. Rios has decades of plastic surgery experience and rigorous training. His engaging personality combined with technical precision and uncompromising standards have earned him a reputation as one of the premier breast specialists in the area.
Choose a plastic surgeon who strives for perfection. Request a consultation with Dr. Jose Rios or call us at
to schedule an appointment at any of our offices.
Dr. Rios grew up in Miami, Florida, and is bilingual (English and Spanish). Highlights from his professional accomplishments include:
- American Board of Plastic Surgery (2005 - present)
- American Board of Surgery (2003 - 2013)
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS)
- American College of Surgeons, Associate Fellow
Plastic Surgery Fellowship
The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Department of Plastic Surgery (2002 - 2004)
General Surgery Residency
The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Department of Surgery (1997 - 2002)
New York University School of Medicine (1993 - 1997)
Undergraduate Degree in Ecology and Evolutionary Biology
For detailed information about Dr. Rios' professional credentials review his complete CV.
The people who visit Dr. Rios from Naperville and Joliet realize he's a one-of-a-kind plastic surgeon. His first goal is to establish open, honest, meaningful relationships with his patients. There is no doctor-patient hierarchy. He sees his patients as regular people with normal lives who need his help to look and feel their best.
He will meet with you for two consultations, instead of the usual single consultation that is standard practice with most plastic surgeons. You will have all your questions answered, no matter how many you have. He'll give you objective, accurate information, even if it causes you to change your mind about a procedure.
"Thanks so much for all your care, compassion, and concern. I'm sure you've heard just 'how wonderful you are' a millions times but this would be number a million and one — thanks so much words cannot express in this card how I feel."
— Anita, tummy tuck and liposuction patient (read more patient letters)
Dr. Rios is dedicated to providing great outcomes, not just good ones. He accomplishes this goal in many ways, including:
- Making sure you are informed about your procedure, how it's performed, and the results you can expect - and not expect - from surgery. This level of detail makes patients confident that they are going to get the results they want. They approach plastic surgery feeling at ease and excited about the changes that lie ahead.
- Choosing the right approach for you. If you're not a good candidate for a procedure, he will tell you, and he will help guide you to a treatment that will achieve your goals.
- Having a stellar track record where complications are extremely rare. In fact, he takes complications personally.
To learn even more about what distinguishes Dr. Rios from other Naperville plastic surgeons, review his Why Choose page.
Find Dr. Rios on Google +