Breast Implant Options
Dr. Rios doesn't believe in the "one-size-fits-all" approach to breast augmentation. At his Naperville area practice, he offers several breast implant options in order to create a distinctive look designed with the individual patient in mind. Your body type, cosmetic preferences and current breast dimensions will all be factored into the surgical plan. Dr. Rios can help you make the best implant choices based these personal characteristics.
By scheduling a one-on-one consultation with Dr. Rios, you can get honest, straight-forward advice about your options for breast implants. Request your consultation now to get the information you need.
FACTS YOU NEED
Dr. Rios provides more info and photos on his site all about enhancement.
Choose Your Size
Each woman has a different idea of what the "perfect" breast size is. Choosing the size that's right for you depend on many factors, such as:
- Your natural breast shape and size
- Your aesthetic preferences
- Your body type
- Amount of existing breast tissue
- Skin quality
Dr. Rios will allow you to try on several implant sizers so that you can get a better idea of how various breast implant sizes will affect your final results.
Choose Your Style
You can choose between saline or silicone breast implants for your breast augmentation procedure. Since both types of implant are FDA-approved for safety, this decision can be based primarily on how you want your breast implants to look and feel.
- Silicone: Many women find that silicone implants appear more similar in texture to natural breasts. Silicone implants are filled with a durable, cohesive gel that keeps them from losing their shape. They usually feel very soft and natural and have a lower chance for unwanted side effects such as rippling.
- Saline: Saline implants are preferred by women who want to have their implants filled after they have been placed in position. Unlike pre-filled silicone implants, the volume of saline implants can be adjusted during surgery, thereby allowing for more flexibility, smaller incisions and more customized enhancements.
Both silicone and saline breast implants have a silicone-based outer shell, which can be either textured or smooth. Some believe that textured shells help reduce a complication known as capsular contracture, but there is not strong evidence to support this. Smooth implants, on the other hand, are said to have lower occurrences of wrinkling and rippling. Dr. Rios will discuss each of these options with your during your consultation.
Choose Your Profile
The profile of your implants will affect how far your breasts project from your chest. Dr. Rios offers low-, moderate- and high-profile implants to accommodate a variety of body shapes and individual tastes. During your consultation, Dr. Rios will take detailed measurements of your breasts and chest. Depending on the size and shape of your frame, he will then recommend the most appropriate breast profile for you. Women with narrow chests usually benefit most from high-profile implants, while those with wider chests are better suited to moderate or low-profile implants.
Choose Your Shape
Breast implants can be either round or teardrop shaped. Round implants typically provide more "upper-pole" volume and create a full, voluptuous look. The shape you choose will affect how your breasts look both while standing and while lying down. Dr. Rios will discuss these differences with you.